The Consumer Technology Association (CTA)™ today announced additional programming for Innovate! and Celebrate, focused heavily on some of today’s most exciting emerging technology themes, including artificial intelligence and virtual reality, the future of transportation, along with startup innovation and the latest in space travel and fashion. Jointly produced by CTA and Tech.Co, the event’s combined programming will feature event offerings from both organizers for an audience of industry influencers and innovative tech startups. Innovate! and Celebrate will be held September 20-22 at the Fairmont in San Jose, CA. Visit the Innovate! and Celebrate website for schedule updates as announced.
“We are thrilled to bring Innovate! and Celebrate to Silicon Valley, globally recognized as center stage for technology startups and innovation,” said Karen Chupka, Sr. VP, CES & corporate business strategy, Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM. “As owner and producer of CES, we relish connecting startups with larger companies and exposing new technology trends to the industry.”
Innovate! and Celebrate will include two full days of programming designed to fit the needs of all attendees, including a variety of sessions, panels, fireside chats and keynote presentations.
“Hosting our conference in Silicon Valley’s backyard enables us to provide even more opportunities for startup founders from across the world to meet nationally recognized accelerators and investors, gain valuable knowledge and connect with resources that will help amplify their efforts to build a high-growth company,” said Frank Gruber, CEO and Co-Founder Tech.Co.
Recently added event highlights include:
Wednesday, September 21
- 9:45-10:15 AM – Keynote: Artificial Intelligence- Dr. Fei-Fei Li, director of Stanford’s Artificial Intelligence (AI) Lab, will explore how AI will drive our future. She’ll discuss what AI technology is already being developed, the
- challenges scientists are still facing and the potential consequences for every industry and almost every facet of our lives.
- 1:30-2:10 PM – Corporations and Startups: An Unlikely Pair? – Companies big and small depend on partnerships to grow. Today we’re seeing larger companies embracing startups – developing programs for outreach and creating ways to partner with them to meet various needs. Come hear organizational leaders discuss various ways they are working with and alongside startups to develop today’s innovative tech solutions. Speakers include Aleda Schaffer, American Airlines, Natasa Djukanovic, domain.Me and Andrew Romans, Rubicon Venture Capital.
- 4:10-5 PM – Fireside Chat: The 2016 Election – With election season in full swing, the tech policies of the presidential candidates are becoming more important. CTA President and CEO Gary Shapiro will lead a conversation with Karen Kornbluh, Executive Vice President of External Affairs at Nielsen and former ambassador under Obama who advises the Clinton campaign on tech issues. The two of them will discuss the future of tech policy – entrepreneurship, innovation, broadband, 5G, privacy and much more.
- 10:40-11:30 AM – Virtual Reality Panel – Explore interesting use cases beyond gaming, the various types of devices available to consumers and the challenges to content creation. Moderated by Brian Markwalter, Sr. VP, research & standards, CTA. Panelists include Liv Erickson, co-Ffounder, AR/VR Academy and developer evangelist, Microsoft, Alisha Seam, connected-drone and virtual/augmented reality product development, AT&T Foundry and Mark Turner, VP, corporate partnerships and strategy, Technicolor.
- 11:30 AM-Noon – Airbnb and the Sharing Economy– Chris Lehane, head of global policy and communications for Airbnb, will lead a presentation that explores the ways that the sharing economy and millennial behaviors have disrupted the travel industry.
- Mentor sessions -Tech leaders, experts and influencers offer a limited number of private 30-minute one-on-one and group sessions to attendees looking to take a deep dive into challenges facing their startup or business.
- Excursions – Tech.Co will continue its tradition of excursions where attendees can sign up to experience Silicon Valley outside of the conference setting and participate in activities designed to build relationships and have fun.
- Startup of the Year party – Innovate! and Celebrate official party co-hosted by Tech.Co and CTA. Come enjoy appetizers, libations and ample networking with investors, tech leaders and more, while checking out the top startup semifinalists from around the world competing in the Startup of the Year Competition. The party is held at the trendy GlassHouse, a 12,000 square foot premier venue with a modern flair in the heart of Downtown San Jose.
- Innovate! and Celebrate – Register
September 20-22, San Jose, CA
- CES Unveiled Prague – Register
October 20, Prague, Czech Republic
- CES Unveiled Paris – Register
October 25, Paris, France
- CT Hall of Fame Dinner
November 9, New York, NY
- CES Unveiled New York
November 10, New York, NY
- CES Unveiled Las Vegas
January 3, Las Vegas, NV
- CES 2017 – Register
January 5-8, Las Vegas, NV
- CES Asia 2017
June 7-9, Shanghai, China
Thursday, September 22
Other event highlights include:
About Consumer Technology Association:
Consumer Technology Association (CTA)™, is the trade association representing the $287 billion U.S. consumer technology industry. More than 2,200 companies – 80 percent are small businesses and startups; others are among the world’s best known brands – enjoy the benefits of CTA membership including policy advocacy, market research, technical education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. The Consumer Technology Association also owns and produces CES® – the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. Profits from CES are reinvested into CTA’s industry services.
Tech.Co is a global media and events organization dedicated to covering news, how-to’s, up-and-coming startups and industry trends online. Tech.Co events are designed to connect and educate entrepreneurs with resources, industry leading brands, tech leaders, investors and accelerators to help amplify their business. Started in 2006 as a grassroots event to connect local communities, Tech.Co has grown to reach millions of readers around the world and known as the go-to resource for building a startup. Read more at www.tech.co, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.